Monday, November 8, 2010

Use Strategies for Revising

Original: After that we drove down to the main street and walked around. We went to the chocolate shoppe where there was a bunch of different foods that were covered in chocolate. My sister got a pretzel covered in chocolate, my mom got some fudge balls, and I got a huge chunk of fudge.

Revised: After that we drove to the main street and parked a few blocks away from the Chocolate Shoppe. They had everything you could imagine covered in chocolate. My sister bought a pretzel covered in chocolate, my mom bought some fudge balls, and I got a huge chunk of fudge. Mt sister ate her pretzel quickly while my mom ate her fudge balls slowly sharing with my dad, sister, and I. I had a few bites of the fudge but it made me feel sick to my stomach so i threw it away after no one else wanted it.

1 comment:

  1. I had my mom read through it and tell me what she thought about it, what she liked, and what i could fix. She said that i should put more detail into what happened after the Chocolate Shoppe. I think this helped my memoir because it helped clear up any holes that there might have been and it made it more detailed.

    ReplyDelete