One of my strengths as a writer is that I can write deeply about things I know. I can express my feelings and views through writing. If I feel strong enough about something I can talk about it for a while. Another strength I have is that I can see both sides of everything. I can argue for both sides. I don't like to side with one person cause I can see what both people are thinking.
Some of my weaknesses are that I sometimes ramble. I can get into what i'm talking about and slowly wander away from the topic until i'm completely off topic. Sometimes when I write if i'm not paying much attention the topic changes. I could be talking about one thing and then somehow change the subject to something else. Then when I finally notice that the topic is different I go back to the first topic then nothing makes sense.
I think my best work is my friendship piece. I think so because it came from experience. Some of my friends and I have been fighting. During these fights I discovered that they weren't my real friends. I also found who my real friends were. I like this paper cause it shows the difference between friends, good friends, best friends, and true friends.
I think my worst work would be the one about drama. It just kinda dragged on and on. I sorta rambled a little. But I do like how it expresses my feelings about how ridiculous drama is. I think that it could have gotten to the point a lot faster more often. I slowly led up to it. I also think that I could have organized it more. It kinda skipped around from one subject to another, then to a different one, then back to the first.
When I was writing all my papers I thought about stuff that was going on in my life and stuff that happened in the past. With my drama paper I thought of something that annoyed me and I vented about it.With my friendship paper I thought of what I went through with my friends and attempted to explain it to others. With my memoir, it had just happened and it was fresh in my mind and I wanted to write about it. I wanted to remember every part of the trip because it was so much fun so I did my best to put in every detail I could.
A writing habit I have is that I write incomplete sentences occasionally. I also tend to write really long sentences that could easily be split into a bunch of different sentences. I sometimes ramble for a while about some unimportant topic which lead to a topic change. Sometimes I skip around on accident or get some details mixed up or put in the wrong order. I sometimes forget to put commas where they belong.
Even though I didn't know what it was until this year, I like to use snapshots. I think they give a lot more detail. They let the reader see deeper into the scene. It tells them what's happening, what the person in the story sees, hears, feels, tastes and all that. I think it helps to have a snapshot because then the reader understands better whats happening because it's more descriptive and detailed.
A problem I had while writing was not working on it a lot. When I got into writing it I got a lot done, but when I had to quit, I lost any ideas that I had for the next part of my story. I kinda procrastinated on writing the two choice papers.
When I was younger I loved to write short stories. As I got older I stopped writing because I had too much going on with school, friends, and sports. I think in the future I won't be as hesitant to write a paper. I'll probably write more short stories for fun in my free time. I might even write about something that is going on in my life. I like to vent by writing it out. If you vent to a person they ask all these questions and expect answers while you only want to rant about whatever is happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment