My goals for my memoir was to to be descriptive and as accurate as possible. I tried my best to remember day by day what had happened and to put them in that order. There were a few times when I could not remember what had happened and had to work it in someplace where it fit really well. I didn't put anything in there that did not actually happen. I didn't want to put something in that did not happen then get all confused with the truth and have to change everything.
To begin my memoir I thought of a time that I had fun and wanted to remember. When we were assigned to write a memoir I had just gotten back from Michigan and it was still fresh in my mind so I wrote about what all happened while we were in Michigan. When I first started my memoir I was going to start farther back to when we found out that my sister was pregnant. After I wrote a bit of it I decided that it was going to be a little too long so I started over. When I restarted I began when we found out that she was in labor.
I had trouble ending my memoir. I couldn't find the right sentence to sum it all up. I was talking with my mom and she said that Steph, Jared, and Owen were going to come to Iowa to visit over the weekend sometime in November. I was excited for them to come and to be able to see Owen again. I decided that them coming to Iowa would be a great ending sentence so I ended my memoir with “It should be fun to have the whole family together again for a weekend.”
A problem that I encountered was that I forgot what order some things happened. When I tried to fit it in somewhere it kept interfering with something else. Then if I tried a different spot, it interfered somewhere else.
To solve this problem I had to ask my mom to help me out. Since she was at the hospital most of the time, she couldn't help me much. I had to ask my dad most of the time. He's always claiming he has a really good memory, but even he couldn't remember some of the details. He remembered a few from the beach and a few at the hospital. I asked my sister and she was no help at all.
I chose this as my piece because it was the paper I put the most effort in. I think that it was really well written and had good punctuation, capitalization, and grammar. I like it because I think it reflects me a little, what I like to, what's important to me.I also think it's the best because I think that the other two weren't as good. In the other two I kinda rambled a little in this one I didn't ramble at all and was descriptive and detailed.
No comments:
Post a Comment